Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I say what I feel

I say what I feel, and I write what I say, but ultimately, these words that come out are the hidden expression of a self that I've tried to toss away time and time again. Indeed, these written words are often times the unwritten thoughts that never come across your ears to be heard, because the fact of the matter is, that I feel there are much better things to be said as well as certain things to be left unsaid. However, the rules for an online journal are different. This is where the pen of my soul meets the paper of a thousand electronic ears (Though I guess eyes are more appropriate).

In doing so, I am entering a piece of mind that's asynchronous and flows through without ever having to demand your attention at any particular time, but just that you take time whenever you feel. All you do is come and read, and if you wish to continue the thought, you leave a comment. And as such, your thought is saved and eventually threaded through a turn-based discussion that spans however long we wish. In other words, we participate in an ongoing discussion that never ends.

So what shall I say to this, but that I have begun to write yet again, and hope that these unspoken thoughts turn gracefully into written words. And through these words, offer you a different perspective on life, love, happiness and all the other wonderful aspects of our life that we strive for with a passion. Whether or not our heart beats to the drum of life, I know, for certain that our inner selves innately call out to us and willfully push us towards the purpose of our very existence.

That, is what I call the passion of life. The desire that burns within our souls that we should all take up and follow. For without it, we are merely vessels floating at sea. As it was once said, "All [people] die, but not all [people] live" (ref. Braveheart).

And therefore, I welcome you to my passion... my life and my pursuit of happiness =)

2 comments:

papabear said...

Aiya! Blogging!

Unknown said...

Ah, the pursuit of happiness. Perhaps you can solicit Will Smith's advice :p.