Monday, May 26, 2008

Grownups should get summer vacations too

Of course, this is just one of those far-fetched thoughts on life that really wouldn't apply so well in real life. However, adults should get summer vacations too! Just like students who work so hard all fall~spring before going crazy and unwinding over the summer! I mean, adults are people too, and they need time to reduce stress and enjoy life!

Of course, there would be major issues with running businesses, as businesses don't close for the summer. But what if there was some sort of well-developed shift system, where people can have up to a month of vacation at a time? Perhaps similar to the public school "track" system? Now THAT would be the coolest thing since the internet!

I know. It's just my lame excuse as I breathe in the last few breathes of vacation air before I head back to the office to work tomorrow morning. Not that I don't enjoy work. I do like what I do, at least enough to spend an entire day and not be bothered by it. However, lately I've been feeling some major pressure and need to unwind for a bit longer.

Perhaps it's my own ambitions built up into a flaming snowball that builds up over time? I need some better stress management skills I guess. Perhaps some of you can offer some good advice? Otherwise, I think I'm going to kamakaze into my dreams! A one way trip to paradise... hahaha

No comments: