Amid the flurry of changes going on in my friends' lives, I started to reach a point where I wanted to make a big splash too. I've already had my big splash last year when I switched jobs and got myself a hefty raise, or the previous year when Viacom bought our little internet company and paid all of us some nice bonuses.
However, it still boils my blood when I see people progress as I stand by and watch. I really do care about the success of my friends, and I would do anything to help them. It's just that I don't want to be the one watching them make milestones while I wait my turn. It's a horrible habit that I've picked up... this thing called impatience.
The past few days and weeks have been a flurry of thoughts and daydreaming of envisioning myself in new roles and greater things, and while these are all things I would like to accomplish someday, I'm trying to convince myself to slow down. Jumping all over the place will do nothing but stress me out and throw me off course.
It's fitting that I am like this though. I am the type of guy to launch a million projects and finish only one. I'm not very much for details, though I get pretty scrupulous at times. I'd a man of general direction, and I'd prefer to point the finger in one direction as I gaze over the horizon. Perhaps someday, I can do that and earn lots of money while doing it.
But until the, I must understand that sometimes, it's better to stand still and not run around in the same circle over and over again. Plan, execute and move forward to the next step. Ah... patience and discipline... where hast thou gone??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment