Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Confidence

Confidence. It's when you believe in the ultimate success in all the things that you do. Without it, your struggles may go in vain. With it, you will claim the highest of victories.

The past few days, I've been struggling over some technological difficulties with setting up a project environment for a freelance job I was asked to do. Last night was especially frustrating considering I had only today to make sure I got everything working so I could make the proposal by tomorrow. Nothing I tried worked last night, but I didn't give up. In fact, despite my progress, I just thought to myself quietly that I just needed to keep trying, and it will work out in the end.

Lo and behold, today I got it working. I was so ecstatic to see it work that I just stopped there to enjoy the rest of my night. [It was only one hour, so I thought it was worth it...haha] It's funny how it works that way. I honestly felt that perhaps there was no way out of this, but as I kept trying, I kept inching closer and closer to the goal until I reached a point when it just suddenly clicked and it all worked.

It's greatly improved my morale, and also reaffirmed my determination in a few other 'projects' I have going in life. You never know how close you are when you try, and some day, it'll just click and magically happen. However, it'll only work if you keep trying and learning as you go.

Don't be afraid to scrap a few things and step back. At the same time, don't give up on any particular method until you have tried it all the way through. I know I wouldn't have accomplished tonights feat if I wasn't persistent.

And once you succeed, WOW WHAT A GREAT FEELING IT IS!!! But it all starts, and it all ends with your confidence. Believe =)

[I'm a bit cracked out after coffee... pardon my broken chain of thoughts if any]

No comments: