This one's for you savvy investors willing to lay out a few months of your paychecks on the line, though I would have to ask you to season my thoughts with a grain of salt [just one grain! ;)]. The other day, RIMM, the makers of blackberry released their earnings report and claimed victory on the street currently filled with potholes. The estimated earnings of 66~70 cents per share were topped by 72 cents a share, effectively doubling last years output, and outperforming the upper limit of this quarter's estimates. I guess not everything in the market is crashing down ^_^.v
With that said, I'm wondering about the outlook on another decent performer in Apple. Apple's come a long way since the Ipod and the birth of its sexy line of laptops, including their most recent AIR. Despite some losses since their peak this past dec/jan, Apple's marching forward and rebounding fairly nicely thus far. Today's news of Itunes being the biggest US music retailer has further pushed Apple along it's way to restore it's 200 point high, and with earnings reports as well as the launch of Iphone v2 later this year, I wonder if Apple is ready for another jump in the market. The current Iphones are flying off the shelves, and the outlook on earnings look pretty good. Though I'd have to do more research into other parts of the business, I think it's fairly safe to say Apple is a pretty hot commodity at the moment.
Valued at just over 152 today, I can only imagine where it might be later this summer or this winter. On the positive outlook, I can imagine Apple shooting up 20~30% by the end of the year. But it's really hard to tell as people have less money to play with nowadays. It's a pretty mixed crowd, but I feel that perhaps Apple is not just a pretty face, but has a heart of gold. It'll attract the shallow as well as the good boys who did everything right. After all, there are people who still buy those $3~$4 sunshine lattes and compromise their meals for the rest of the day, so why not buy those sexy Iphones which only cost 100 or so lattes more?
Of course, the smart people are doing the new hip thing. $2 iced coffee at McDonald's! Perhaps I should put some there, and come around the same time next year, I'll also be lovin' it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment