Around June of last year, I decided to leave my old company and started interviewing for my next gig. Of the places I interviewed, one was technicolor. Most of you should know technicolor. They're the guys that produce the videos/dvd's and now HD-dvd's and distribute them to retail stores, where you guys all go and buy them up! =)
Anyways, back then, it seemed like a great opportunity where I got to play with some pretty cool technology. Though I can't disclose what they were planning on doing, it was something I definitely would've bragged to all of you about whenever you popped in a dvd or HD-dvd into your player. However, despite it all, I got a fast offer from my current company, who promised some decent benefits as well as a pay increase that somewhat fit the bill. It was a good deal and turned out to give me some great experience.
On top of that, as you all know, Sony corp. decided a couple months ago to pull the plug on their blu-ray project. After my good buddy's company WB decided to switch to HD-DVD, Sony lost major steam and decided blu-ray wouldn't survive. I guess that's another swing and a miss since their mini-disc fiasco, but I digress.
When I think about it now, I wonder then, what if I had worked for technicolor, and was assigned to a team that worked on blu-ray technology? Your guess is probably the same as mine when I say that I would've ran into some serious hurdles had I found my way to technicolor and not my current company.
I was sitting in dinner with relatives when the thought occured, as my uncle used to work for a lab where they manufacture and research DVD technologies. For a moment, it made me think about my current situation, and that I should count my blessings. I could've really gone either way last year, but events happened to lead me to a place that has offered me something wonderful.
So tonight, I'm counting my blessings. I know that there's a lot of other things in life that I sometimes feel is not going well, but I wonder if everything is just a plan set in motion, only needing time to resolve and take place. If that is the case, I feel I should do my best to be ready, and make the most of what I have until those new blessings show up. And when they do, I hope I can share them with all of you.
Unless it's a girl... you know, you can only share so much! lol... but hey, if i win the lotto, dinner's on me! =P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment