Last week, I opened a fake stock market account, just to test the waters a bit before I decide to jump into it for real. It was my original intention to just let my fund manager just allocate the funds to the right places and have me just watch my money grow without thinking too much about it. However, somewhere along the way, I have peaked some interest in the market, especially with a few companies that I've been starting to like. If you look at the image [click for larger view], you'll see that I've picked out 4 companies. Walmart, Microsoft, Apple and McDonalds. Most of you who read my blog regularly know that I was tracking Apple and McDonalds for a little while.
Based on the results you see in my account, part of me sorta wished I just jumped in already. However, I know that kind of wishful thinking will get me in the hole someday! haha... for now, I'll be happy even with these fake earnings as I progress forward. Someday these stocks will take a hit, and perhaps then I might be glad I didn't invest just yet. In any case, it's still so far so good. Hopefully, I pick up a feel for the market and start trading within the next couple of months. Though I give up current opportunities, I know there's much more to be had in the future. That's the key to good investing, and no matter what, I intend to do well!
Are you an investor? Do you invest real money? Or fantasy money? Doesn't matter to me, as long as you can play the field as if it were your own money, but if you want to talk stock, just holla and we can discuss =)
To wish you all a good day!
ps. Perhaps for those of you who are religious, can you all pray for some peace at home? It has become somewhat of a warzone lately! Thanks ^_^
2 comments:
hi! i've read a lot of your posts on soompi and just decided to stop by. you have a lot of interesting things to say. ^^
hope you're having a good week!
Tagged!
Post a Comment